So here’s a list of E3 news that has peaked my interest, in no particular order:
- Gameboy DS – As Leslie points out, everything old is new again
- Metal Gear Acid (PSP)
- Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS) – seems like a useful application of the second screen
- Mario 64×4 (DS) – I’ve actually never played Mario 64, but gives you an idea of how much power the DS has
- Punisher (PS2 XBOX) – Remarkable because Garth Ennis wrote the script and it’s bound to be bad because it’s based on a movie and a comic book. I did like the Spider-man game though…
- Nightmare Before Xmas (PS2) – I would have thought that it was a little late to come up with a game for this, although they probably won’t include a hidden level where I have my first date at it.
- Tron 2.0 (GBA) – The PC game was fun but this looks awful
- Prince of Persia 2 (XBox, PS2, GCN) – 2005 never seemed further away
- Tribes: Vengeance (PC) – It’s worth noting that Tribes 1 and 2 are available for free downloads
- Geist – I’m hoping more info shows up about this, because the stuff I was hearing about it last year sounded really cool.
- Metroid Prime 2: Echos – What? Nintendo milk a license? Why I never!
- Mario Kart DS
- Wario Ware DS – Wario Ware alone justifies the purchase of a DS
- Animal Crossing DS – Is AC a popular license? Even Jenny-the-Sims-addict doesn’t really play it much
- Zelda: Four Swords Adventures – Following in the footsteps of FF: Crystal Chronicles
- GoldenEye: Rogue Agent – Probably the most convoluted title justification in history.
- Metal Slug Advance – About damn time
- Metal Slug 4 & 5 (PS2) – The PS2 needs more sidescrolling shooters
This is just stuff that caught my eye so far. What did I miss?